SelectSmart: Online Religion Selector
Find out what religion matches your beliefs the best!
(Click here to go to a listing of local Buddhist Temples and organizations.)
- Tibetan Buddhism
o Three Principles of the Path By Je Tsongkhapa.
Art and other stuff:
o Mongolia Exhibition From Asian Arts. A great site; takes a while to load, but the image quality is beautiful.
o Exploring the Mandala–From Cornell University; focuses on computer-generated three-dimensional models of mandalas
Other Places to go:
o Buddhism Internet Page Lots of links.
- Jetsunma Ahkon Lhamo
o Kunzang Palyul Choling Official site of Jetsunma Ahkon Lhamo
o Tricycle Magazine Review of “Buddha From Brooklyn”
o What is Enlightenment? An interview with Jetsunma Ahkon Llamo
o The Buddha From Poolesville…Saint or great Con Artist? Washington post article
o Pictures of KPC at Poolesville
o Sacred Buddhist Art Official Website of Sherab (Teri) from the book
- Zen Buddhism
Official Schools and Other Centers
- Pure Land Buddhism
- Theravada Buddhism
- Buddhist Studies WWW Virtual Library “A WWW Virtual Library is a constellation of distributed, hierarchically structured and inter-linked WWW pages which provide a continuously evolving hypertext map and a seamless access tool to the networked scholarly documents, resources and information systems concerned with a given field of expertise.”
- A Lighter Side of Buddhism
- Religion, Religions, Religious Studies Page Lots of links.
- American Religion Data Archive Quantitative data on American religion.
- Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion
- Sociology of Religion at Hartford Institute
- American Religious Experience Project devoted to scholarship about American religious history.
- Virtual Religion Index From Rutgers University
(Click here to go to a listing of local Hindu Temples and organizations.)
- Spirituality/ Yoga/Hinduism Page
- National Hindu Students Forum
- Hinduism Today
- The Hindu Universe
- Indian Religions From Indiainfo.com with information on a wide array of religions present in India.
- Sanskrit Documents List
- Society for the Study of Japanese Religions
- Daruma-Net Homepage of a Japanese good-luck doll.
- Chinese and Japanese Religions A quick skim with some links to learn more.
- Japanese Culture: ReligionLinks page.Shinto
- Guide to Spiritual Teachers
- The Jean Klein Foundation
- The Headless Way Web page of The Shollond Trust, promoting the methods of Douglas Harding
- The Daoism Depot
- Biography of Lao Tzu (Includes the Tao Te Ching)
- Center of Traditional Taoist Studies
- Foundation of Tao
- International Association of Daoist Studies
- Taoist Restoration Society
- Taoism Information PageI Ching
- Yoga Journal
- Yoga Paths An overview of the various yoga traditions.
- Self Realization Fellowship
- River Maya With online lessons on postures and breathing.
- Yoga Anand Ashram More online yoga instruction.
- Siddha Yoga Meditation
- (Leaving Siddha Yoga-a counter-point)
Yoga Center Directories for the Midwest